Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birthday Festivities!

This was quite the birthday for me - I've now entered my late 20's! Wow, weird. Am I really this old? For whatever reason, the onset of the term "late 20's" makes me feel all this new responsibility of things I now need to be thinking about...I should now be starting to climb the ladder professionally, I should be investing, starting to save for a house, etc. I just don't feel old enough for this stuff!

The best part about last weekend was the fact that I spent my birthday with my parents for the first time since high school, 9 years ago! They were on their way up to Toronto for a medical conference and came to DC for a few days. We packed it in - took a tour of the White House gardens, went to Ford's theater, went to the Newseum, went to Mt. Vernon, saw a concert at the Kennedy Center, visited my office, went to a Nats game, went to some monuments they hadn't seen, and had some great laughs and delicious food. I loved having them here - it was fun to have my two worlds collide!My roommates put on an amazing birthday party! We had a bbq and outdoor movie in our backyard and my roommate Emily made the most adorable cake. Life is great, here's to another amazing year on the East Coast!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is not messing around with that cake!! Oh I love you debers, glad your birfday was awesome!

    ReplyDelete