Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stacey and Clinton wannabes

So last weekend Laney and I had a fun little adventure. One of the many advantages of living in a big city is endless shopping. Growing up in Merced, CA we were seriously shopping deprived. The best that Merced Mall had to offer was JCPenny and Mervyns, literally. I think now its moving up a bit, but still no Gap, unbelievable. No longer do I have to drive 40 minutes to Modesto for a Gap and an hour for a Nordstrom or Banana. So one of our roommates said she wanted to dedicate $1,000 to her wardrobe and she wanted Laney and my help, so we for sure jumped on the challenge. Laney knows all the staples you need in your closet and she's got way better fasion sense, I was mostly there for the practical opinion (I definitely have Karen Fife and Beth Callister genes in me). We spent almost 3 hours at H&M and had her try on pretty much everything in the store. We talked Em into some skinny jeans (both denim and grey, I was really proud of her, they looked amazing on her), a few cute cardigans, and some other shirts. Needless to say, it was a very successful trip and thanks to the cheap prices at H&M, she still has about 700 bucks to go! Em had a hot date that night and man did she look good. I see many more good times in the future. Thanks Stacey and Clinton. I really want to be on that show and get $5,000 for shopping. Yowsers!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. that is so awesome...and who is this roommate of yours that has 1,000 dollars to dedicate to her WARDROBE..what??! I want to be HER! haha...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a dream day. Wish I had that kind of money for my wardrobe. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know who the hot date was...

    ReplyDelete