Monday, March 22, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson and PB Chocolate Cake!

Last weekend was Laney's 26th birthday and we just packed it in all weekend. Saturday night we went to see Ingrid Michaelson at this really cool venue in Baltimore. She is SUCH a good performer, it was so dang fun. It was a smaller club so anywhere you were it felt like you were close to the front - Ingrid put on an AMAZING show. She and her band switched instruments in the middle of one song, she took someone's flip camera from the audience and sang to it, and at the end they played a Brittany Spears song and did a dance to it, it was hilarious. Matt Kearny opened for her...also a great performer. Can you please look at Laney's face in this picture...oh my word, are you kidding!? Thanks to Laney a few of us were rockin the "smokey eyes." And whats a birthday without some nice shake face/blow face pics?2nd only to Ingrid was the peanut butter and chocolate cake I made for her party. Oh my gosh, how do I put it in words...sinfully good, literally.

4 comments:

  1. I must defend my dear and wonderful Mat Kearney. He wasn't the opener, that was Angel Taylor, Mat and Ingrid co-headlined the show together. You can check it out on their websites. And I'm clearly defensive. :) Love the pictures though, love shake face. I don't know if I will ever do shake face for the fear it would pop up on your blog and I'm too vain for that... Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that cake was to die for! And I love your apron! And, I feel the need to comment on every aspect of the blog! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, that cake looks amazing. Will you share you recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...ok did notice Laney's face, actually first thing I noticed on that picture ;) and Sinfully good? haha...sounds increadible. You should post recepies on here..
    Loved the smokey eyes, I've always wanted to learn how to do that..
    LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete