Monday, August 23, 2010

Peach Goodness

One of my favorite things about Virginia is picking fresh fruit by the bag! Last Saturday, Laney and I went peach picking and got some super delicious peaches.
We also thought taking jumping pictures while picking fruit was kinda funny.
Anyways, Laney's Grandma Hall has a fresh fruit pie recipe that knocks your socks off! We made them with orchard fresh peaches, and I'm proud to report that I've had 3 pieces today. Thought I'd share the goodness:

Step 1: Bake Pie Crust (you can make your own, or just buy the Pilsbury pie crust and then bake it)

Step 2: Jello Mixture
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
5 TBL corn starch
Bring to boil and cook on stove top until thick
Add 6 TBL peach jello (1 pkg)
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBL butter
Let this mixture cool

Step 3: Cream Cheese Filling
Mix 8 oz. softened package of cream cheese 1 cup of cool whip
1 cup of powdered sugar
Smooth in bottom of pie crust

Step 4: peel and slice 10-12 peaches

Line pie crust with cream cheese filling, sliced peaches, and top with jello mixture and chill.

2 comments:

  1. I bet all of your pincheroo practice really helped you be able to tell which peaches were ripe and ready for the pick, making your pie delectable. I've been making Nese Capron's recipe for fresh strawberry and peach pie and her pie crust is the best in the west. Way better than store bought! I must share it with you...

    Mix together:
    1/2 cup butter, creamed
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    Add:
    1 1/2 cups flour
    2 TBLS milk

    Mix until dough clings and leaves sdies of bowl. Roll out and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes 1 pie shell (no top).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized...a few months late...that I forgot to tell you that this post inspired me to add a cream cheese filling on my next peach pie. It was DELICIOUS! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete